Tips for Getting Started
1. Log-In — since your email address is already associated with your account, just click "forgot my password," to have a reset password link sent to you.
Here are some things you can do to help you get acquainted with AASB Connect!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having trouble logging in.2. Update your profile to add your photo and bio. To update your profile, click on the “upload a photo” icon in the top right of your screen and then select the Profile button. From here, you can update your bio, educational background, job history, add a picture, and update your email subscription preferences.
3. Explore your communities! To join a community, click on the down arrow next to Communities on the top navigation bar and select All Communities. Choose the community that you wish to join and then click Join. There are currently a limited number of open communities, but AASB will add to this list over time.
4. Introduce yourself or ask a question in a community discussion forum.
5. Connect with others via the Member Directory, and add a contact!
6. Adjust your email settings for each community you are a part of!
When you join a community, you are automatically subscribed to receive daily digest emails containing messages that other users post in that community. To review or edit your email subscriptions, click on Settings next to the community name and choose Email Notification preferences. You can select from the following options:
- Real Time: You will receive an email each time a new message is posted.
- Daily Digest: You will receive one email each day containing all the previous day’s messages.
- No Email: This means you will not receive any emails in your inbox. You will need to log in to AASB Connect to view and reply to discussion posts.
You can also adjust the preferences for each community by going to Profile, clicking on My Account, and selecting Community Notifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
I can't log into my account, what do I do?
Email Heather Shaw, email@example.com, for any log-in or email issues.
What is a community?
Communities are a group of people organized around a common subject or theme, which is typically defined by the community name and description. In a community, you can start a discussion thread, ask questions, or share resources with others in that specific community.
How do I join a community?
To join a community, click on the down arrow next to Communities on the top navigation bar and select All Communities. Choose the community that you wish to join and then click Join. There are currently a limited number of open communities, but AASB will add to this list over time.
Note: Some communities are closed committees or are invite only. You will not be able to join or see those communities unless you are a member. You will receive a welcome email when you have successfully joined a community.
How do I create a discussion post?
To start a discussion, click on the down arrow next to Create on the top navigation bar and choose Discussion Thread. You can also post a message by clicking on Communities on the top navigation bar and selecting your desired community. From there, select the Threads tab and click the button that says Post to This Discussion Group. Enter your subject, choose the community or communities you wish to post the message to, type your message, attach any necessary documents, and then hit send.
How do I reply to someone's discussion post?
To reply to a post, click on the post and then on the Reply button to the right. You can also click on the down arrow to Reply Privately to Sender. Or you can simply reply through your email account (without logging in to AASB Connect) via the email digest you will receive.
Note: If you feel a post is inappropriate for AASB Connect, you can flag it by clicking Mark as Inappropriate when you click on the drop-down menu under the Reply button. This will send a note to AASB staff to review the post and take it down if necessary.
What is the community library?
A community library houses all of the documents and resources shared in a community and is specific to each community. To view resources in your community library, click on the library tab. You can view library contents in “list” or “folder” form by clicking the list or folder icon to the right. Then select the folder or subfolder to view.
There are two ways to upload a document to a community:
- The first option is to click on the down arrow next to Create on the top navigation bar and click on Library Entry.
- The second option is to go to the community where you would like to post the document and select the Library. Then click the “Create a Library Entry” button.
Enter a title for your library document, select the community where you wish to enter the document, choose the document type, and click Next.
You can also upload a document when you write a discussion post. You will see an Attach button at the bottom of the page when you are making a discussion post. Click the button and insert your document. The document will then be linked to your discussion post.
How do I use the directory?
To access the Member Directory, click on the Directory tab on the top navigation bar. Search by first or last name, district, or organization name.
To add a member as a contact, locate them using the search, then click the Add as a Contact button to the right of their name. Adding someone as a contact gives you quick access to their profile information and the ability to send private messages faster from your profile. Note: They will need to approve you as a contact before you can view their full profile.
How do I set my privacy control settings?
To control the information that other members see on your profile, log in to AASB Connect, go to My Profile, and click on My Account tab to select Privacy Settings. From there, you can choose what information others can see or not see. Be sure to click the Save button when finished.